Chicken Liver Pâté
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 500g chicken or duck livers
• 200g mushrooms, coarsely chopped
• 1 medium to large onion, chopped
• 1 clove of garlic, mashed
• ½ teaspoon dried dill
• ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• ½ stick butter
• sea salt, cracked pepper
1. Melt butter in a skillet and add livers, onions and mushrooms and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until livers are browned.
2. Add garlic, dill, rosemary, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper, and continue to cook on low heat until most of the liquid is evaporated.
3. Once most of the liquid is gone, turn off stove and let cool until room temperature.
4. In a food processor, blend the mixture into a paste with the softened butter.
5. Pack mixture into a container, store in fridge and enjoy.